Silver Spring boasts great wine bars and local beer pubs. There are also a number of independent coffee shops, cafes, and Starbucks.
Check out how the locals get things done with this brief guide to the Silver Spring-Takoma Park area in Maryland’s Montgomery County! At Sky Properties we want to make getting oriented an easy transition; check out some of the local hot spots before even leaving your computer. Just like a concierge service, we have taken the liberty to help you find what you need!
- AFI Silver Theater and Cultural Center – Many come from all over to experience foreign films, old cinema movies, great independent films and documentaries.
- The Fillmore Silver Spring – The music here will touch your soul; there is something for everybody! Check out exciting concerts here with music like jazz, pop, blues, country, Latin, folk and more!
- Round House Theater – Known for their stage performances, this theater also holds many performing arts programs for all ages!
- Takoma Urban Park — Located in Old Town Takoma, this charming gazebo and playground are a sweet spot to hang out on warm afternoons.
- National Capital Trolley Museum – The interesting museum takes you through the history of streetcars in Washington D.C.!
Check out Downtownsilverspring.com for events and activities.
Grocery establishments include:
- Whole Foods, located at 833 Wayne Ave., Silver Spring, 20901.
- Trader Joe’s, located at 10741 Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, 20901
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring Food Coop, 201 Ethan Allen Avenue, TP 20912
- Giant Supermarket, 8750 Arliss Street, Silver Spring, 20901
Athletic Facilities include:
- Silver Spring Restaurant Week
- Silver Spring Swings
- Silverdocs Documentary Film Festival
- Silver Spring Jazz Festival
- Silver Spring Thanksgiving Parade
- Takoma Park Street Festival
- Takoma Trukgarten
- Art Hop Arts Fest